Yes, I know it’s Wednesday. You should feel blessed–I didn’t even get one OUT last week We have hit the hectic season of spring. There is all the end of year school stuff for the kiddos (Princess has 2 more weeks of school, Buddy a month–so there are trips, concerts, dance recitals, parades). There is [...]
- Saving Seeds: Turnips, Kale & Radishes
- How to Save Seeds (from Kale, Turnip, Beans &…Posted 29 days ago
This year as the new gardening season kicks off I am using, for the first time, some seeds that I saved myself! Seed saving starts with your initial seed choice,…
- Planting the Early Spring Garden, Checking Coldframes and Starting Seeds.
- How’s it Grow’in: Planting the Early Spring …Posted 37 days ago
Yay! Yesterday I got out and got my hands in the dirt. It's pretty early here still for planting--unless you are a gambler the main garden crops don't go in…
- Mending: Replacing / Reattaching a Button
- Mending: Replacing / Reattaching a ButtonPosted 59 days ago
I'm going to be adding some mending tutorials over the next few months here at Frugal Upstate. While sewing from scratch can be expensive (seriously--check out the price of fabric!)…
- Easy Hard Boiled Eggs
- Easy Hard Boiled EggsPosted 65 days ago
This is a great tip to use when you need to hardboil eggs--be it for Easter Egg dyeing or for your summer picnic/potluck deviled eggs!
Basically it's the same process as…
- Storm Preparedness with Walmart Part 1
- Storm Preparedness with Walmart Part 1Posted 208 days ago
Hurricane Sandy is on it's way and up and down the eastern seabord folks are scrambling trying to get themselves prepared.
But how do you actually prepare for something like this?…