Sometimes it’s hard to be the crafty mom of a boy. There are a million cute projects out there to do for girls, but the “boy” projects are few and far between. By the time they get into the “tween” and “teen” years you are hard pressed to come up with anything that they would […]
- Strawberry Syrup
- Strawberry Syrup (and Strawberry Soda)Posted 3 months ago
May is Strawberry Month! Last year to celebrate I made Tipsy Strawberry Preserves, this year when Walmart asked me to come up with a recipe highlighting strawberries I made homemade…
- Fixing a Split Seam
- Fixing a Split SeamPosted 5 months ago
Fixing a split seam is one of the easiest mending jobs out there!
A split seam is when the stitching along a seam has somehow come undone without tearing the fabric. …
- Save Money on Shaving and Razors with a Saftey Razor
- Save Money on Shaving and Razors with a Safet…Posted 5 months ago
Today I'm going to talk about hair.
Not the nice, flowing mane of silky tresses kind of hair (don't I sound like a bad romance novel?!?) but the other, less glamorous…
- Making Yogurt from Scratch
- How to Make Yogurt from ScratchPosted 6 months ago
I am so proud--I finally made yogurt from scratch! I've been meaning to try this for a couple of years, but finding a "Thriftee-Yogurt Maker" circa 1974 or so at…
- DIY Bookshelf from Unfinished Wooden Crates
- DIY Bookshelf from Unfinished Wooden CratesPosted 6 months ago
This charming rustic bookshelf is easy to make out of unfinished wooden crates from Walmart. Let me show you how!
I have seen a variety of attractive wooden crate projects over the…