Stocking stuffers are a funny thing. As far as I’m concerned the younger the person, the easier it is to fill their stocking-both in ideas and in cost. Young kids are thrilled with pencils, crayons, stickers-all manner of very inexpensive but fun stuff. When you turn your attention to adult men, it gets truly difficult~and expensive!
My husband, Yankee Bill is always the worst for me.
First of all he has a lovely knit stocking that his grandmother knit for him. It’s a great family heirloom type piece, and we love it.
When I joined the family his mom knit me my own stocking. When she gave it to me she had one comment for my husband “Have fun filling it!”. You see knitting has a tendency to stretch when you put things inside it, so those stockings actually hold almost twice as much as they look like they should. ACK! So it takes quite a bit to fill his stocking.
Add to that he’s a bit, well, picky isn’t quite the right word. It’s just that he doesn’t *want* much when it comes to small stuff. There is still a bag up next to our bed filled with most of the stocking stuffers from last year-completely untouched. He just doesn’t use a lot of the stuff~and I hate spending money and then seeing the stuff just sit there. I guess I could be really frugal and just put the same stuff back in his stocking. . .but after a year or two he’s probably notice that.
It was time for a challenge! I came up with a list of 68 stocking stuffers for men!
Note: Don’t think you’ve got time to order stocking stuffers (or gifts) online and get it by Christmas? You do! Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial and get your prime items with free shipping in two days. And if you don’t think it’s worth keeping for $10.99 a month after that (or $99 a year), just cancel within 30 days.
- Cologne (maybe a box set of travel sized scents to give him some variety)
- Magazines (you could go old school science fiction with Analog, support a hobby with Popular Photographer or Modern Railroader, or feed his brain with Popular Mechanics)
- Hand warmers (disposable, rechargeable or old fashioned lighter fluid handwarmers)
- iTunes giftcards
- Toothbrush (a novelty NFL toothbrush might be great for the sports fan)
- Travel size toiletries (like the ones in this Man On The Go travel kit)
- Fishing lures
- Chocolate (for fun you could get a chocolate grenade, chocolate rocks, or a chocolate fish)
- Shaving cream (or go old school with a shaving brush and soap)
- Hand lotion (make sure it isn’t a girly scent–go for something like Bath and Bodyworks “Ocean”)
- Jerky (like this Buffalo Bob 10 piece exotic jerky collection)
- Razors (did you know old fashioned Safety Razors are back in style? I even wrote a post on how safety razors can save you a TON of money)
- Socks (sure, black and brown dress socks will get worn. . . but what about some fun Marvel Comic socks?)
- Pool cue chalk
- Nail clippers (or a manly manicure set)
- Sunflower seeds (they come all sorts of flavors like bacon, ranch, buffalo, pickle, and more–try them all with this Sunflower Seed Assortment)
- Guitar picks (or this guitar pick punch to make your own picks out of old credit cards or hotel key cards)
- Giftcards to Starbucks /Dunkin Donuts etc
- Giftcard to Lids (the hat store)
- Mini alcohol bottles
- Lip balm (blistex)
- Candy bars
- McDonalds or other fast food gift certificates
- Videos (yes some folks still play DVDs)
- Camera memory card
- Memory stick/USB Flash Drive (they come in all kinds of shapes and colors–this extremely rugged gorilla drive that’s heat, water and impact resistant is interesting)
- Eyeglass Repair Kit
- Eyeglass cleaning wipes
- Travel tissues
- Mini flashlight (you can’t go wrong with a mini mag light)
- Sticky Notes
- Bungee Cords
- Pocket knife or Multi Tool (while I love a good multi-tool, sometimes a small, simple pocket knife-like this Winchester 2.5″ single blade-that looks good and you can carry in dress pants is useful)
- Rechargeable Batteries and Charger
- Lint brush
- Duct tape
- Travel Tylenol/Asprin/Motrin
- Cough Drops
- Wallet Photos
- Keyring / Keychain (this one is an iPhone charging cable, bottle opener, stylus, and keychain )
- Cell Phone/MP3 Accessories (like some good noise cancelling earbuds or an emergency power supply)
- Bumper stickers (More Cowbell anyone?)
- Armor All Wipes
- Small electronic game (suduko, solatiare etc)
- Deck of Cards (you can get Walking Dead cards, cards with constellations on them, cards with your favorite NFL team, and even cards made out of wood)
- Poker chips
- Gun cleaning kit/patches
- Car air freshener (perhaps in New Leather scent?)
- Golf Tees/balls/gloves (there are tons of cute novelty golf items to chose from)
- Motorcycle kickstand plate
- Bicycle wheel patch kit
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Snack size chips or cookies
- Drill bits
- Earplugs (the foam squishy kind or the silicon reusable ones)
- Gloves (there are all kinds of touch screen gloves out there now, including some pretty dressy looking leather ones)
- Ear warmers (they make them with bluetooth headphones built in as well)
- Ice scraper
- Crossword/Suduko/Wordsearch book
So what other ideas do YOU have for men’s stocking stuffers?
Need ideas for your Teen or Tween? I’ve got a great post with 97 stocking stuffer ideas for Teens and Tweens!