Halloween might be over, but it is not forgotten at the Frugal Upstate household. Despite the fact that we get over 200 trick or treaters a year, we still somehow wound up with leftover candy and the perennial question: “What do we do with leftover Halloween Candy?!”
I asked my friends on Twitter and we came up with 12 great ideas for using up leftover Halloween candy:
1. Save it for your holiday gingerbread houses (via VisitFingerLake)
2. Freeze it for later.
3. Add a cup at a time to rice crispy squares (via Jeremy Wright). If it’s chocolate or easily meltable let the mix cool a bit first
4. Chop and roll candy apples into crushed candy.
5. Chop and use as icecream topping or as a decorative/tasty topping for an iced cake.
6. Toss into homemade trail mix.
7. Chop and mix into brownies. Peppermint Patties or any chocolates/candy bars are especially good.
8. Make Molten Candy Cookies. Just take chocolate chip cookie or sugar cookie dough and wrap a ball around a mini chocolate bar.
9. Make Leftover Candy Cake.
So what do you do with your leftover candy. . . besides eat it!