You see, I’m married to a hunter, and the day after Thanksgiving is PRIME hunting time around here. As a matter of fact, we don’t even eat Thanksgiving dinner until 4pm so that Yankee Bill and my BIL Jon can get up at o’dark thirty in the morning and go out and try to kill Bambi.
So you can imagine how well “Oh honey, could you stay here with the kids while I go shopping” would go. And don’t even TRY to think about hiring a babysitter who will start at 4am-I’d spend more than I’d save, even if I COULD convince someone.
However I know that Black Friday Shopping is not only a help to many of your budgets, but also a highly anticipated and enjoyable event. There is a special thrill to knowing you have snagged a bargain while the rest of the world is sleeping!
This year Walmart is doing something a bit different with their Black Friday deals. They are starting their deals on video games, toys, apparel and home starting at MIDNIGHT with a special “Open House” event. During this Open House, select stores will be handing out a few treats to the shoppers in the store! 5 hr energy, candy, bakery items. Maybe your local store will be one of the selected ones!
The rest of the deals (to include most of the electronics) will kick off at the standard 5 am start time.
Also, to make your black Friday planning easier, you can download a map of your local store with the location of the electronics deals listed out for you!
Directions for finding your map:
1) Go to the Walmart.com homepage , fill your zip code and hit “Find your local ad”
2) When the list of stores pops up click on “View your local ad” for the correct store. You will get a screen like this:
So what exactly is on sale? Here is a selection of the announced specials!
Starting at Midnight:
- Nintendo Wii – $199 with $50 Walmart Gift Card **
- Toy Story 3 DVD – $10 **
- Zhu Zhu Pets – $4
- Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker, 5-qt Oval – $9.97
- 500 Thread Count Sheets from Beautyrest – Full, Queen, King – $19.88
- Shark Steam Mop – $36
- Wrangler Jeans – $9
- Infant and Toddler 2-piece Character Sleepwear Sets – $4
- Lego Tubs – $15
- Power Wheels – $88
- Bikes – starting at $29
Starting at 5am:
- 15.6” HP Laptop – $298
- Emerson 32″ LCD HDTV – $198
- Sansui 19″ LCD HDTV – $98
- Nintendo DS Lite (in multiple colors) – $89
- 15.6” eMachines Laptop – $198
- Kodak C183 Digital Camera (14 megapixels) – $59
- Tom Tom GPS XL 335 SE 4.3″ GPS – $79
- Magnavox Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player with $10 free VUDU movie credits – $69
So, are you venturing out on Black Friday?
Disclosure: This post is part of a campaign to enlighten shoppers about Walmart’s Black Friday Deals & Maps. Walmart has provided me with compensation for these posts. My participation is voluntary and opinions, as always are my own.