Here is my second vlog!
A few other notes:
1. This laundry detergent won’t bubble and foam up like the store bought ones. Don’t worry, it’s still working!
2. The water may look a little gray while washing. This is the dirt coming out of the clothes and is fine-you can just see the water better because it isn’t covered with bubbles (see #1)
3. I use this powder in cold water all the time and don’t have any problems with it dissolving.
4. Remember-there is no perfume added to this, so your laundry may seem strangely “scentless” to you. If that really bothers you, you could probably buy some essential oils and add them to the powder. Personally I think we have too many competing scents going on in our lives-and as a migraine sufferer cutting a few of those extraneous ones (like laundry and dryer sheet scents) out is not really a trial.
5. You will still want to pre-treat any big stains. I use a regular stain stick for grungy kiddo stuff, and I’ve used shampoo for the old “Ring Around the Collar” effect on Yankee Bill’s dress shirts.
6. To keep with the frugal theme you can use vinegar in the wash as a laundry softener. Either place it in the dispenser (if you have one) or else add it to the second rinse. You may notice a vinegar smell while the laundry is wet, but it will completely dissipate by the time the clothes are dry.