Yeah, I know, it’s Thursday. It’s just been that kind of week. However I did make a menu plan and have been following it–I just never got it online. So here we go!
These are the factors coming into play this week:
1. Yankee Bill is out of town from Thursday-Sunday.
2. Buddy is having a birthday sleepover with a couple of friends on Saturday night-and Princess will be at HER friend’s house to avoid the little boy chaos.
3. I have evening plans on Tuesday (dinner out with the girls) and Friday (going to a play with my MIL). The kids have an end of swim club picnic on Thursday night.
4. I have leftover Roast Beef from the birthday dinner my MIL cooked for Yankee Bill.
5. I have to do a review of Johnsonville Bratwurst/Italian Sausage burgers. So those need to go on the menu.
6. I need to use some really large zucchini from the garden as well as the lambsquarter and some beans.
7. I need to plan a meatless meal, a fish meal and a venison meal for the week.
Taking all that into account here is my game plan:
Monday: Diced Roast Beef in Gravy over Biscuits with Sauteed Lambsquarter and Steamed Yellow Beans
That used up the roast beef and makes an entire meal out of what would have only been a couple of sandwiches worth of food. It also was a great opportunity to use veggies from the garden as side dishes.
Tuesday: Chicken Nuggets with Green Beans
I went out for Indian with the gals (we try to go out once a month). Yankee Bill had a meeting and grabbed a slice of pizza out, so I just dug the bag of emergency nuggets out of the freezer and fed the kids with those and leftover veggies from Monday night.
Wednesday: Bratwurst Burgers with Garden Tomato, Cucumbers, Green Beans and Chips
Bratwurst Burgers on the grill, BBQ style! I added slices of delicious, fresh off the vine Brandywine tomatoes, steamed green beans, slices of garden fresh cucumbers and some chips. I really would have liked to make a potato salad, but the day completely got away from me.
Thursday: Swim Club Picnic
Friday: Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats with sliced Tomato.
I’ll slice those large zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and some flesh. I’ll mix the stuff I scooped out with Venison Sausage, diced onion and some torn up bread (or breadcrumbs). Stuff that back into the zucchini and bake with a bit of cheese sprinkled on the top. Yum. I’ll put some sliced tomato on the side if we have more ripe.
Saturday: Grilled Pizza with Stir Fried Garden Veggies.
I’ll make up the Pizza Hut Crust Clone recipe in the bread machine and if it isn’t too hot I’ll pre-bake the pizza crust in the oven (otherwise I’ll do personal sized on the grill-it’s too hard to get a big pizza off without breaking it). Most kids like pizza-so this is good for the sleepover. Since we will just do cheese pizza, this is my meatless meal for the week.
Sunday: Tuna Stuffed Shells with Salad
It shouldn’t’ be too hot on Sunday, so using the oven to make Tuna Stuffed Shells will be fine. I’ll make extra and freeze some as well! This is my fish meal for the week.
Are you interested in learning more about menu planning? Check out my post “Why Plan a Weekly Menu” .
For more great menu plan ideas, head on over to Menu Plan Monday at the Organizing Junkie.