I’ve been a bad, bad menu planner. For the last two weeks I have been completely flying by the seat of my pants. . . and you know what? It has resulted in more eating out than normal, more trips to the store for last minute ingredients and more evening stress.
Why do I do that when I KNOW that menu planning helps me so much?
Anyway this week is sort of a mess, but here it goes.
1. I am out of town from Tues-Thurs so Yankee Bill is on his own. With the hurricane and all my weekend just got thrown for a loop, so I don’t have very much in the way of prepared food in the house for them to eat while I’m gone. They will eat at Nana’s house at least once I”m sure.
2. We have a lot of vegetables coming in from the garden, so I need to use up some cucumbers, squash and beans.
3. I have about half a gallon of milk just sitting there that is a few days past it’s “use by” date. It’s either use it in cooking or toss it down the drain. . . and I’m sure you can guess how I feel about tossing stuff down the drain.
4. My goal is still one fish, one venison and one meatless meal. Not sure I’ll make that this week.
5. I’ve got to film a crockpot video-so I better make that meal!
Taking all that into account here is my game plan:
Monday: Ridiculously Easy Crock Pot Roast with Yellow Beans and Rice
This is the crockpot meal. . .and my venison meal.
Tuesday: Dinner at Nana’s House
Wednesday: Yankee Bill’s Choice
Thursday: Yankee Bill’s Choice
Friday: Pizza and Salad
I’ll be home Thursday night so I can whip up my favorite Pizza Hut Crust Clone recipe in the breadmaker and have it ready for dinner. Throw a cucumber and tomato salad on the side and you’ve got a feast.
Saturday: Stuffed Grape Leaves, Marinated Tomato Salad and Green Beans
Wild grapes are taking over one of our trees, so this will be an “eating the invasive weed” type of meal. Of course I always could use chard or something else like that for a similar effect. There are plenty of tomatoes coming in the garden, so we’ll also eat some of those. As a side note, I am actually making this meal as a request from Princess-she remembered them from a couple years back.
Sunday: Tuna Stuffed Shells with Sauteed Chard.
This is a way to work the fish into the weekly menu. The chard will be from the garden.
Are you interested in learning more about menu planning? Check out my post “Why Plan a Weekly Menu” .
For more great menu plan ideas, head on over to Menu Plan Monday at the Organizing Junkie.