When I was asked to create a recipe for the REESE’S and Walmart Baking Bracket Challenge, I knew I needed to do something truly unique, yet tasty. It had to be tasty because, well, what good is a recipe that isn’t? It had to be unique because it was going to be one of 32 recipes that are going to be voted on, double elimination style, by the entire internet! It had to be something bold. Something unexpected. Something. . . with BACON!
That’s how my Slam Dunk Sweet and Savory REESE’S Bacon Caramel Corn was born. Don’t worry, I share the recipe below!
Now this isn’t just a baking challenge, it’s also an opportunity for you to win! Each and every day from now (March 11th 2013) until March 30th 2012 Walmart and REESE’S are giving one lucky person a $100 Walmart gift card. All you have to do is go t0 the REESE’S Baking Bracket Challenge, create a quick free account, and vote for your favorite recipes.
of course, when you get to this one, you know which recipe to vote for! (psst-mine is the one on the left)
This is double elimination voting, so after a week we drop from 32 recipes to 16, then 8, then 4, then 2. . . I depend on all of you to keep me in this thing! You can go back and vote every day 🙂
At any time you can browse all 32 recipes and share them, print them, or save them in the online “Recipe Playbook”. Of course, I get to share my recipe with you here. Good luck everyone!
- 16 C Popcorn, popped
- 1 C Brown Sugar, packed
- ½ C Butter
- ¼ C Light Corn Syrup
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 C REESE’S PIECES Candies
- 1 C REESE’S Minis Peanut Butter Cups
- ½ C Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- -Pop your popcorn
- Heat oven to 200
- -Divide Popcorn between 2 large rectangular pans (9X13 or bigger)
- -In a 2 qt saucepan over medium heat, cook butter, corn syrup, brown sugar and salt until it starts bubbling around the edges. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- -Remove pan from the heat and stir in baking soda. The mixture will foam and double in size.
- -Pour mixture over popcorn and toss to coat.
- -Bake 30 minutes, stirring half way through and at the end to redistribute caramel coating.
- -Allow to cool completely.
- -Sprinkle the bacon, REESE’S Minis Peanut Butter Cups, and REESE’S PIECES Candies evenly over the popcorn.