Ahhh, it looks like spring has finally arrived here in Upstate NY. Barely. We may still have permafrost 3 inches down, the high might only be 50, and there could still always be another light snowfall. . . but some true blue signs have appeared this week proving that winter is finally on it’s way […]
- Fixing a Split Seam
- Fixing a Split SeamPosted 1 month ago
Fixing a split seam is one of the easiest mending jobs out there!
A split seam is when the stitching along a seam has somehow come undone without tearing the fabric. …
- Save Money on Shaving and Razors with a Saftey Razor
- Save Money on Shaving and Razors with a Safet…Posted 2 months ago
Today I'm going to talk about hair.
Not the nice, flowing mane of silky tresses kind of hair (don't I sound like a bad romance novel?!?) but the other, less glamorous…
- Making Yogurt from Scratch
- How to Make Yogurt from ScratchPosted 2 months ago
I am so proud--I finally made yogurt from scratch! I've been meaning to try this for a couple of years, but finding a "Thriftee-Yogurt Maker" circa 1974 or so at…
- DIY Bookshelf from Unfinished Wooden Crates
- DIY Bookshelf from Unfinished Wooden CratesPosted 3 months ago
This charming rustic bookshelf is easy to make out of unfinished wooden crates from Walmart. Let me show you how!
I have seen a variety of attractive wooden crate projects over the…
- Winter Storm Kit
- Preparing for Winter StormsPosted 3 months ago
This year has been pretty terrible for winter storms. The "polar vortex" has caused extreme cold weather even down into the deep south, there have been blizzards in the midwest…