We get some lovely fish (frequently trout) from my brother in law. Since the weather was heating up I decided to try cooking some of it on the grill instead of in the oven as I usually do. I had never grilled trout before, so I hit the internet to see what I could find […]
- Strawberry Syrup
- Strawberry Syrup (and Strawberry Soda)Posted 3 months ago
May is Strawberry Month! Last year to celebrate I made Tipsy Strawberry Preserves, this year when Walmart asked me to come up with a recipe highlighting strawberries I made homemade…
- Fixing a Split Seam
- Fixing a Split SeamPosted 5 months ago
Fixing a split seam is one of the easiest mending jobs out there!
A split seam is when the stitching along a seam has somehow come undone without tearing the fabric. …
- Save Money on Shaving and Razors with a Saftey Razor
- Save Money on Shaving and Razors with a Safet…Posted 5 months ago
Today I'm going to talk about hair.
Not the nice, flowing mane of silky tresses kind of hair (don't I sound like a bad romance novel?!?) but the other, less glamorous…
- Making Yogurt from Scratch
- How to Make Yogurt from ScratchPosted 6 months ago
I am so proud--I finally made yogurt from scratch! I've been meaning to try this for a couple of years, but finding a "Thriftee-Yogurt Maker" circa 1974 or so at…
- DIY Bookshelf from Unfinished Wooden Crates
- DIY Bookshelf from Unfinished Wooden CratesPosted 6 months ago
This charming rustic bookshelf is easy to make out of unfinished wooden crates from Walmart. Let me show you how!
I have seen a variety of attractive wooden crate projects over the…