In my travels around the internet I’ve come across a couple of great mending resources that I just have to share! Clothing Repairs (1965) and Mending Men’s Suits (1946) are “Home and Garden Bulletins” from the US Department of Agriculture. I decided to use up some printer ink and make my own hard copies (I’ve […]
- Fixing a Split Seam
- Fixing a Split SeamPosted 1 day ago
Fixing a split seam is one of the easiest mending jobs out there!
A split seam is when the stitching along a seam has somehow come undone without tearing the fabric. …
- Save Money on Shaving and Razors with a Saftey Razor
- Save Money on Shaving and Razors with a Safet…Posted 2 weeks ago
Today I'm going to talk about hair.
Not the nice, flowing mane of silky tresses kind of hair (don't I sound like a bad romance novel?!?) but the other, less glamorous…
- Making Yogurt from Scratch
- How to Make Yogurt from ScratchPosted 4 weeks ago
I am so proud--I finally made yogurt from scratch! I've been meaning to try this for a couple of years, but finding a "Thriftee-Yogurt Maker" circa 1974 or so at…
- DIY Bookshelf from Unfinished Wooden Crates
- DIY Bookshelf from Unfinished Wooden CratesPosted 1 month ago
This charming rustic bookshelf is easy to make out of unfinished wooden crates from Walmart. Let me show you how!
I have seen a variety of attractive wooden crate projects over the…
- Winter Storm Kit
- Preparing for Winter StormsPosted 1 month ago
This year has been pretty terrible for winter storms. The "polar vortex" has caused extreme cold weather even down into the deep south, there have been blizzards in the midwest…