This isn’t fine cooking by any means, but it is quick, easy, economical, tasty and fairly healthy.
- 1-2 lbs Beef or Venison
- 1 pkg brown gravy mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Slice meat in thin strips & brown in a skillet.
- Add soup & dry gravy mix to meat and cook until hot & bubbling.
- Season with salt & pepper as desired.
- Take off heat, stir in sour cream & serve over rice, noodles or toast.
- Use leftover cooked beef or venison.
- Use ground beef, ground venison or sausage instead.
- Add sauteed mushrooms or onions.
- Use a can of gravy or homemade brown gravy.
- Make your own "Cream of" soup.
- Use Homemade White Sauce instead of soup
- Add in 1tsp of onion powder and/or garlic
- Try using unflavored yogurt (NOT vanilla!) instead of the sour cream.
- For a true one dish meal add cooked noodles into the pan & stir together.
- Do not brown meat-just slice & place all ingredients except sour cream in the Crockpot. Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Prepare as for Crockpot version, but place in a covered casserole dish and cook at 350 for 1 hr in the oven.