Do you like carrot cake? I LOVE it-so much that one of the layers in our wedding cake was carrot cake I am always looking for that perfect carrot cake recipe. I tried this one for Cici (my mom) this year for her birthday. The addition of pineapple made it moist and fruity.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 C veg oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C shredded carrot
- 8oz crushed pineapple (drained)
- Optional: 1 C coconut, 1 C Raisings, 1 C chopped nuts
- 16 oz of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 C Butter, softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 & flour & grease 2 8" round pans
- In one bowl mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon).
- In another bowl mix sugar, oil, eggs & vanilla.
- Pour the wet sugar mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in carrots, pineapple and any optional additions.
- Pour into cake pans and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese together.
- When fully combined add the sugar (about a half cup at a time) and beat until thick and creamy.
- Recipe may be halved
Want to make an awesome rose top like I did? Use this fabulous Rose Cake Tutorial at “i am baker”. I just did the roses on the top of mine then used crushed pecans around the side.