We love rice, and my rice cooker makes it very easy to whip up a batch as a side dish. . . but sometimes it can get, well, boring. A little lemon juice, a little orange peel, a little dill and you’ve got yourself something out of the ordinary
- 1 C rice
- 1 tsp dried orange peel
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 chicken bullion cubes-crushed
- 1 TBS butter
- 2 C water
- Mix all ingredients well in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, then reduce heat to a simmer & cover.
- Cook until all liquid is absorbed-15-25.
- or. . . .Throw it all in the rice cooker & hit "cook".