Homemade Cobb Salad
- Romaine Lettuce
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Blue Cheese
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Hard boil your eggs, fry your bacon and cook your chicken.
- Chop your Romaine, Iceberg, tomatoes, chicken, eggs and bacon.
- Toss both kinds of lettuce together and layer on a platter.
- On top of the lettuce neatly lay stripes of each ingredient.
- For the most pleasing effect start in the middle (I used my hard boiled egg) and then work out evenly to the sides mirroring ingredients.
- Serve with a vinaigrette dressing.
- Salad can be made as attractive individual plates of salad with the same striped effect.
- Ingredients can be altered to fit various dietary needs--low fat, sugar free, organic etc.
Prepare your ingredients: