I love cranberry. There is just something about it’s tangy sharpness that I find delicious. To me jellied cranberry sauce takes the tang and overpowers it with sugar–I prefer the simpler, more tart Classic Cranberry Relish with my turkey!
After the Thanksgiving dinner is over, your leftover relish can be used in Pie Bites or folded some into a basic muffin batter.
- 1 Medium Seedless Orange
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- -Scrub orange under warm water to remove any wax
- -Pick through cranberries and remove any that are soft
- -In food processor blend orange and cranberries until completely chopped.
- -In a saucepan cook the cranberry/orange mixture, sugar, and cinnamon stick over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until heated completely through.
- -Remove cinnamon stick.
- -Relish can be served warm or chilled.