Have you ever made something that is so simple yet so delicious that you practically slap yourself on the head and say “why haven’t I ever made this before?”!
Well, this Cream of Chicken Soup recipe was like that for me. This recipe is very quick and simple to put together and it tasted fantastic. Even the kids raved and told me that it was “so much better than soup from the store”. Not only that, but it was made out of very inexpensive ingredients! Just call me the Frugal Gourmet!
Note: recipe may be halved if using as a starter or sidedish
- 4 TBS Butter
- 6 TBS Flour
- 3 C Chicken Broth
- 1 C Milk
- 2 C Chicken (cooked & cut)
- In your large soup pot melt butter.
- Add flour & stir till bubbly.
- Add broth & milk all at once. Wisk all together and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add cooked chicken & warm through.
- Use Water & 3 Chicken Bullion cubes instead of broth (adjust amount of salt you use to season)
- Add cooked veggies-cauliflower & broccoli are very good.
- Add ½ tsp Thyme or ½ tsp Curry.
- Use Evaporated Milk or Evaporated Skim Milk in place of the milk
- Use half the butter (will not be as rich)