A few weeks ago I took some time to decipher the different options in the Olive Oil aisle at Walmart for you all. Now I’d like to share a tasty way to use that delicious Extra Virgin Olive Oil-as an Italian style dipping oil!
This Italian Dipping Oil is meant to be used in place of buttering your bread. It is very similar to what is offered in a certain chain of Italian restaurants, and is best with a thick crusted and yeasty Italian or French bread. Mmm.
Next time you are serving bread with a meal why not consider using this dipping sauce in place of butter?
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 tsp salt (kosher or sea is best)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil (or as needed)
- -Combine all herbs and mix thoroughly.
- -Mix together olive oil & lemon juice.
- -Place a spoonful of herbs on a plate and pour the olive oil & lemon mixture over to serve.
- -Dip a bite sized piece of bread into the mixture swirling to combine the herbs as you go.
- -Replace dried herbs with finely chopped fresh herbs. Remember, dried herbs are stronger than their fresh counterparts, so to get the same flavor with fresh you need to double the quantity-so 1 tsp of dried basil = 2 tsp fresh chopped basil
- -Use all dried herbs, replacing the garlic with 2 tsp of garlic powder, and store in an airtight bottle. Use as needed at the table by adding olive oil & lemon juice.
- -Add Parmesan cheese to taste.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored review I am participating in with the Walmart Moms. Walmart has provided me with compensation for this post. My participation is voluntary and opinions, as always are my own.
1/4 – 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil