I’m a cook from scratch kind of gal–but there are just some days that I don’t have a cook from scratch kind of life. When your schedule spirals out of control it’s good to have a few tasty, toss it together type of meals that you can make with items from your fridge and pantry.
This “Last Minute Vegetable Ham Chowder” starts out with a couple of cans of Progresso Traditional Potato Broccoli and Cheese Chowder. Of course you can just eat the chowder on it’s own-it’s ready to go straight out of the can. But to pump up the nutritional value and make it feel more like a full meal we simply add in some ham and vegetables:
- 2 Cans Progresso Traditional Potato Broccoli and Cheese Chowder
- 1- 1 1/2 C Frozen mixed Vegetables
- 1 C Chopped Ham
- In a saucepan combine soup, frozen vegetables and chopped ham.
- Heat through completely-being sure to stir so the bottom doesn't scorch.
- Instead of cubed ham used canned ham, canned chicken, tuna or sausage.
- Add 1/2-1 C shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Start with homemade cream of potato soup instead of canned.
For more great ideas on how to take Progresso soups and use them as a jumping off point for tasty dishes, check out the Betty Crocker “Progresso Soup” recipes.