Are you looking for a tasty fall treat? Does the changing of the leaves make you crave pumpkin-y goodness? Do you like chocolate? Well then I’ve got a recipe for you!
This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread is moist and tasty. It makes a great after school snack, breakfast treat or sweet nibble with coffee. And it’s a great bread to bring along to a fall party/potluck or gift a neighbor with. Let me tell you, once I get a loaf of this out of the oven it rarely lasts a full day–I have to hide it from the kids if I want Yankee Bill to get a taste
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 C canned pumpkin
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a standard loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl mix oil, eggs and pumpkin together.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake approximately 1 hr.
- Leave out the chips for plain pumpkin bread.
- Substitute applesauce for the oil.
- Substitute raisins or dried cranberries for the chocolate chips.
- Add 1/4-1/2 c chopped nuts.
- Make 12 muffins instead--grease a muffin tin or use papers and fill 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes.