Looking for something slightly different for breakfast? Try these tasty pancakes! The pumpkin not only gives a lovely (although not overpowering) “spice cake” type flavor, but it also amps up the vitamins and minerals!
- 1/2 C Flour
- 1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 TBS Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 C milk
- 1/2 C canned pumpkin (not pie!)
- 2 TBS oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl & whisk to combine
- In another bowl, mix eggs, milk, pumpkin & oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Drop by 1/4 C onto a medium hot greased griddle. Cook slowly & flip when bubbles appear.
- Note: These are very thick moist pancakes. You may want to thin with more milk. Cook on a lower than normal setting or the outside will get too brown before the inside is done.
- These are a bit more dense & moist than regular pancakes.