Royal icing is the king of decorating icing. It starts out smooth and dries hard. You can thin it out with a bit of water and create a “flow” icing to fill in a large area. The uses are unlimited!
- 4 lbs Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 C Meringue Powder
- 1 1/2 Warm Water
- 2 TBS Flavoring Extract
- Powdered sugar typically comes in 2 lb bags.
- Meringue powder can be found in a small jar in the cake decorating aisle of your local Walmart or grocery store
- Do not use oil based extracts-only alcohol based.
- Mix together sugar and meringue powder in your mixer on the very lowest setting (unless you want a huge cloud of powder everywhere)
- In a 2 cup measuring cup mix together the water and extract.
- Slowly start drizzling the water into the powdered sugar as the mixer is going.
- Once mixture is more liquid than powder increase speed to medium.
- Continue mixing until the icing can hold a peak.
Note: This post was created in support of a post for Great Value, but this post itself is not sponsored.