Twice baked potatoes are not only tasty-they can be a great time saver at meal time if you make them ahead!
- 5 lbs Baking Potatoes
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1 C Milk
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- -Scrub potatoes well.
- -Bake in 350 oven for 1 - 1 1/2 hrs (until done)
- -Cool, slice in half legnthwise and scoop out potato leaving a thin layer near the skin.
- -Place scooped out potato in mixer bowl with butter and milk. Beat until smooth.
- -Add softened cream cheese and beat until combined.
- -Fold in 6oz of Sharp Cheddar (reserve the other 2 oz)
- -Using a spoon, fill potato skins with cheesy mashed potato mixtures.
- -Sprinkle tops of potatoes with reserved cheddar and bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes
- -Place filled potatoes on cookies sheets, cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer until solid.
- -Remove from freezer, wrap individually in tin foil and pack into a gallon size freezer bag.
- -To cook preheat oven to 350.
- -Place frozen potatoes on baking sheet, bake for 45 minutes
- -Sprinkle tops with cheddar cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes.