I am SOOO excited to be heading to Blogger Bash in New York City in just a few short weeks!
5 Benefits of Attending a Blogging Conference
1. Blogging conferences are fun.
2. Blogging conferences provide professional development.
3. Blogging conferences get you energized & excited about blogging.
You can get into a bit of a rut in any job, and blogging is no different. There are days when it’s a grind. Sure, you can just write when you feel like it–but then you don’t have a business, you have a hobby. There’s nothing wrong with that of course–hobby bloggers are wonderful too! But when your blog is a business that is helping to support your household, you need to have some consistency to get those statistics the brands are looking for so that people will pay you to do what you do. That means sometimes you’ve got to write when you aren’t in the mood to write. It happens.
Attending a conference can get you out of the rut. Being surrounded by folks who actually understand what you do (a rarity at home), who are sharing tips and ideas, who are all excited about what they do. . . it has a natural effect of getting YOU excited again. You can take that feeling home with you and use it to jump start your next post or project.
4. Blogging conferences connect you with other bloggers.
5. Blogging conferences are fantastic for networking with brands.