Are you thinking ahead to Christmas? Do you want to beat some of the holiday rush, make sure you get the best price and spread your spending out over a bit of time so opening your credit card bill in January isn’t so scary? Well then, Walmart’s Layaway might be just what you are looking for!
Walmart’s in store Layaway is just for the holiday season, October 17–December 16 (but NOT on Black Friday), and will be available for items in the Toys, Electronics & Jewelry Departments (minus sporting goods, home/kitchen appliances, & wireless phones that require contracts).
How does it work? Here are the specifics!
• 10% down plus $5 service charge
• $15 minimum per item; $50 minimum total purchase
• Start a Layaway at the Walmart.com Services desk in your store
• Make payments at any Walmart register
• Make final payment and pickup by December 16*
Note that Fine jewelry displayed in the showcases and counter tops has a slightly different policy:
• 10% down, no service charge, no minimum item price
• Initial transaction must be made in Jewelry department
I’ll be heading into my local Walmart store soon with my trusty video camera to do an on the scene video tutorial on how to use layway-but until then, enjoy this quick “Walmart Report” explaining the program:
* Layaway orders not paid for and picked up by December 16 will be cancelled. Any payments will be refunded less the $5 service charge and a $10 cancellation fee.
So what do you think? Will the Walmart Layaway program help you?