Nothing says summer like a BBQ~and nothing says a BBQ quite like ribs! Do you have a favorite rib recipe? Why not enter it in the “Dibs on my Ribs” contest!
That’s right, the Pork Board, Tyson, McCormick and Kraft are hosting the “Dibs on my Ribs” recipe contest. 6 finalists (3 using Indoor Preparation and 3 using Outdoor Preparation) will compete in a finale event cook-off on October 12, 2012 at Tyson Foods, Inc. in Springdale, Arkansas–and the two lucky winners will receive “Groceries for a year from Walmart” and a trip for two to Memphis in May, 2013. Wow!
Here are the details!
- Entry period: Now until August 12
- Contest entries are being collected at: PorkBeInspired.com/DibsonMyRibs
- Eligible entries will be displayed on the site for consumer voting; the “Consumer’s Choice” recipe will be an automatic finalist into the contest.
- 2 categories: Indoor Preparation and Outdoor Preparation
- 3 finalists will be chosen from each category
- Recipes must include:
- A McCormick spice/seasoning
- A Kraft sauce (if a sauce is used in the recipe)
Now if I was going to enter I’d use my “Cola Ribs” recipe:
2 onions sliced
1 can cola
1 bottle Kraft BBQ Sauce
1/4 C Soy Sauce
1/4 C Brown Sugar
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Combine Cola, Kraft BBQ Sauce, Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Garlic and Black Pepper in a small bowl.
Slice onions thinly.
In a crockpot layer onions and ribs.
Pour BBQ Sauce mixture over the ribs and onions.
Cook on low for 8 hrs.
So pull out your favorite recipes and head on over to the Dibs on my Ribs contest to enter!
Leave a Reply