Here’s an inexpensive, easy and fun way to serve treats at your next party, or package them for gifting–Paper Treat Cones!
These Paper Treat Cones are extremely easy to make using a standard 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of copy paper, a glue stick and some scissors.
1. Collect your materials. 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper, glue stick and scissors. You can also use patterned scrap-booking paper, parchment paper or construction paper cut to the same size.
2. Fold your paper in half once to make an 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ rectangle.
3. Fold it in half again to form a 4 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ rectangle.
4. Cut the folded rectangle from corner to corner.
5. Unfold the cut paper–you should have a diam0nd shape.
6 . Roll the diamond up into a cone and secure with glue.
7. Fill with your treat.
To stand these paper cones up at serving time you can use a box with holes punched in it (like this tutorial showing a cereal box holding snow cones) , or a container filled with rice/beans/pea gravel/sand to stand them up in (like at the bottom of this post showing Halloween party favors). You can also just stack them snuggly in a basket (as shown in the picture in this post on All About You).
For gifting you can just pour your treat into a disposable cake decorating bag, tie it with curling ribbon and slip it inside the cone.