What is Chuze? It’s a new grocery list maker and coupon app that will help you save money on the things you already buy–and organize your shopping list while you are at it. I was chosen by Chuze to be a brand ambassador, and to both spread the word about the app, and to help give them feedback on how to make it better.
What’s Chuze all about? Well this video tells you better than I could!
Now this is a brand new app–so they are working out some kinks, building the product data base and getting more and more brands to sign on with coupons. You can get in on the ground floor and be part of making this thing really good! The more you use it, the smarter it gets–and you can give feedback right inside the app to make it smarter.
The creators are working to get every supermarket in the country aisle-ordered. . . that means if you pick your store the app will eventually be able to put the list into aisle order and tell you where to go! How do you add items? You can search for them by typing them in–but the even easier way is to just scan the bar code of the item at home and add it to your list–plus you’ll be able to see if there are any coupons for that item or a competitors similar item and then print them out before heading to the store.
Chuze is working to Make the Store a Better Place!
Here’s a walk through of how the app works:
1. Download the Chuze app from the app store.
2. When you open the app you are immediately in the bar code scanner. Here you see it pointing at my plaid sofa. If you need to add items to your shopping list, just start scanning them in.
3. Alternately you can hit the “+” button on upper right and start typing in the name of the item. In the example above I typed “Halloween Bundle” and the coupon popped up!
4. Once you’ve clicked on the item it will add to your list.
5. Then you click on the little checkmark on the bottom left of the item to select it–the triangle will turn green with a white check. To go back to the scanner you can click on the bar code and magnifying glass icon on the top right, to add another item you type in then click the “+”.
6. If you want to go back to your list then you just hit the “My List” icon on the top right, and it will bring you to this green menu. Click the “My list” (or whatever you named your list if you started a different one) and you are back into the list with the photos and item descriptions.
7. When you have your list done and want to print your coupons, click on the little “%” sign with the scissors on the bottom left inside the list–that will bring you to the “print coupons” screen. Right now the option is to have the pdf emailed to you so you can print it–but eventually you’ll be able to use Google Cloud printing as well. The eventual, someday aim is to have the app create a unique bar code right on your phone that can just be scanned at the register without having to print anything at all!
8. You will enter you email address (just the first time, then it remembers) and then hit send.
9. Your coupons are on their way to your email.
Then you just print them out and are ready to head to your store! (please ignore the fact that my printer was out of red ink)
note: you may have to download Adobe DC reader–you’ll just have to click “allow” if you need it. Also–you may need to click on “options” and then “trust this document one time only” at the top of the pdf screen if you don’t start printing right away.
So remember, go get Chuze and check it out! There is a fantastic coupon for Halloween that I’ll tell you about in another post.