Here’s an great chicken marinade that I’ve had for years. I’m not sure how “Finger Lakes” it really is–but that’s what it was called when the recipe was given to me.
The unusual combination of mayonnaise and vinegar in the marinade helps to both tenderize and moisten the chicken. The acid in the vinegar is the tenderizer and the mayonnaise adds moisture. While you’ll get a good flavor at the minimum marination time of 2 hours, I think it’s far better at 4 or more!
- 2/3 C Mayonnaise
- 1 C Vinegar
- 2 tsp Chicken Bullion Powder (or 2 cubes crushed)
- 1 TBS Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- -Combine all ingredients.
- -Reserve 1/4 C of marinade for basting.
- -Place chicken pieces into liquid and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Shake, toss or otherwise mix the chicken up a couple of times during marination.
- -Grill, Baste and Enjoy!